- This is a LIVE event
- March 17, 2017, 2pm Eastern Time
- Invoice and access code will be sent via email. No need to pay now.
World Communities Concert
2/15/17 Note: there is room for just one more school at this event
Add a new dimension to your studies of various world cultures with joyous song!
Students will experience an Indian tabla drum, an exotic stringed instrument from Europe, a “pocket instrument” with international roots and more as they sing along (in Nigerian, Italian, Japanese, Russian and English), respond to questions, move, laugh, inquire and learn.
Dave also talks about his own eye-opening trips to Asia and the Middle East.
A Q&A session will follow the program.
General Program Outline
- Program starts with a Nigerian song and story filled with active participation
- Dave tells of his trip to India and introduces the tabla drum
- A fun Irish song and clapping game
- A fascinating “pocket instrument” with ties to England, Southeast Asia and Africa, with participatory song
- Students learn to count in Russian and get hands and limbs moving on a challenging participatory song
Cost: $125 per school (unlimited classrooms/connections)
“Great performance! We loved it!”
Kathy Barrett-Helgeson, Third Grade Teacher, Mindoro Elementary School, Mindoro WI