- This is a LIVE event
- May 6, 2016, 2pm eastern time
- Invoice and access code will be sent via email. No need to pay now.
Regions of the U.S. in Song
NOTE: This event has passed but the replay video can be booked right here.
A musical trip across America! Interactive songs, stories and musical instruments from various regions of the country along with opportunities for students to show off what they know.
Banjo, guitar, bones, spoons, washboard, jaw harp and more….Fun!
Dividing the country into six regions, Dave highlights one or more of the features or occupations of each region, questioning students along the way and involving them throughout.
Cost: $125 per school, unlimited classrooms/connections in your building
General program outline:
- The program begins in the Northeast where the presenter lives, with a song from the Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) tribes of the northeast woodlands.
- The program continues through the Southeast, Mid West, Mountain States, Far West and finally the Southwest, with interactive songs and a half-dozen musical instruments
- Lyrics are created on the spot, the jaw harp (a perennial kid favorite) is demonstrated, images are shared, a spoon lesson given, and lots of questions asked
- Q&A session following the concert
“This was FABULOUS! I will definitely recommend this to every teacher I know!”
Lauren Collier, Fifth Grade Teacher, Parkway School, Boone NC