- This is a LIVE event
- November 26, 2019, 1:15pm Eastern Time
- Invoice and access code will be sent via email. No need to pay now.
(SOLD OUT) World Communities Concert
NOTE: THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT. ORDER A REPLAY VIDEO OR BOOK ANOTHER DATE HERE.
Add a new dimension to your studies of various world cultures with joyous song!
Students will experience an Indian tabla drum, an exotic stringed instrument from Europe, a “pocket instrument” with international roots and more as they sing along (in Nigerian, Italian, Japanese, Russian and English), respond to questions, move, laugh, inquire and learn.
Dave also talks about his own eye-opening trips to Asia and the Middle East.
A Q&A session will follow the program.
General Program Outline
- Program starts with a Nigerian song and story filled with active participation
- Dave tells of his trip to India and introduces the tabla drum
- A fun Irish song and clapping game
- A fascinating “pocket instrument” with ties to England, Southeast Asia and Africa, with participatory song
- Students learn to count in Russian and get hands and limbs moving on a challenging participatory song
Cost: SOLD OUT
Age Appropriateness: Grades K-6
“Great performance! We loved it!”
Kathy Barrett-Helgeson, Third Grade Teacher, Mindoro Elementary School, Mindoro WI